The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shocking standard of the Pro14

+22
thebandwagonsociety
munkian
bsando
carpet baboon
LondonTiger
Pot Hale
Cyril
rodders
Luckless Pedestrian
The Great Aukster
RiscaGame
Kingshu
LordDowlais
marty2086
BamBam
SecretFly
No 7&1/2
TJ
VinceWLB
RugbyFan100
Brendan
profitius
26 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

The Shocking standard of the Pro14 - Page 9 Empty The Shocking standard of the Pro14

Post by profitius Wed 26 Sep 2018, 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Having been watching it since it was the original Celtic league and looking at comments about it online in all those years it's fair to say it's the most controversial competition in world rugby. There are always problems popping up that it could do without. No exaggeration to say it has a way to go yet.

What I've noticed in the last few years is the standard of play. It has dramatically improved!!!

Starting off with Glasgow's rise to win the competition. Then we had Connacht coming from nowhere to win it. Then the Scarlets won it in style. Those teams won by playing attractive running rugby.

Then last year Leinster won again after they've become one of the best non international teams in the world. Also last year we had Benetton and Zebre getting their act together and become hard teams to beat, especially Benetton. Edinburgh have become a tough team to beat too, much improved from previous years.

The South Africans are weak but they've added something exotic to the league. Cheetahs do look weaker than last season (too early to judge) but Kings look improved so far. After 2 poor seasons the buzz is back in Connacht and Cardiff are showing good signs.

So all in all the standard has improved greatly. That's putting the pressure on other traditionally strong sides like Munster, Ospreys and Ulster, which is no harm.

The league isn't without problems which are constantly highlighted so I though I'd take a look at the big picture for a change. thumbsup
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

The Shocking standard of the Pro14 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Shocking standard of the Pro14

Post by PhilBB Fri 12 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

Brendan wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Can we change the name Celtic Rugby now?

Any suggestions?!  Keep them clean!  Titles with "Pr'O" or similar in them will not be allowed!  That joke is so 2016.

Rugby Union's Great Buisness Yearly League That's Done or Rugby Ltd for short.

Or

Union Run Not Benefactor Rugby.

Great. Can we Welsh leave, in that case?

Pay us off €30m.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Shocking standard of the Pro14 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Shocking standard of the Pro14

Post by PhilBB Fri 12 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Yup still ducked that question Phil.  Is it simply an employer reason or to do with nationality as well?

I've answered it clearly. I've ducked feck all.

Your binary thinking indicates a complete lack of nuance and comprehension.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 9:55 am

So you have an issue with both pay and nationality I think.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 12 Oct 2018, 10:47 am

Doctor7 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:And it'll just move on band. Read any thread and there will be someone moaning about a ref. May just move onto this ref is rubbish rather than bias yet I read constantly that certain refs are biased despite having no ties etc.
Its quite bizarre how dedicated people are to this topic. In every thread discussing the Pro14 the same arguments come up, there's no way they can actually have time to enjoy watching their team actually play rugby, given their up-session with arguing the same thing online over and over again.

One of them doesn't even support a Pro 14 team, so I don't know why people spend so much time entertaining his "debates" when in reality he obviously doesn't really care about the product.

Strange, I thought it was a free forum. Do you need to support a Pro14 team to be able to debate about it ?

Would you constantly criticise something, when you have no real interest in it? As a new poster, you might not be aware that you are able to foe people who seem uppity to you or even complain about them. Hope that’s not telling you what to do.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 10:58 am

RiscaGame wrote:
Would you constantly criticise something, when you have no real interest in it? As a new poster, you might not be aware that you are able to foe people who seem uppity to you or even complain about them. Hope that’s not telling you what to do.

You can have an interest in a sports league and not support a team in it you know.

I watch a bit of the Gallagher Premeirship but I don't support any team in it.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:01 am

Do you complain about it religiously?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:08 am

RiscaGame wrote:Do you complain about it religiously?

I complain about everything religiously.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:17 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:

You must be great craic at parties

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:25 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:

You're from Northern Ireland?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:34 am

PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

You're from Northern Ireland?

I shudder at the thought.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:40 am

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Any suggestions?!  Keep them clean!  Titles with "Pr'O" or similar in them will not be allowed!  That joke is so 2016.

Or

Pay us off €30m.

Aye, the standard of the 4 Welsh regions playing each other 20 times a year would be great Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:56 am

BamBam wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Or

Pay us off €30m.

Aye, the standard of the 4 Welsh regions playing each other 20 times a year would be great Laugh

Nah. €30m sets up GP2 nicely.

Thanks for the cash.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:56 am

BamBam wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Or

Pay us off €30m.

Typical arrogance from Phil, nominating himself to speak for Welsh rugby, bet you loves playing by himself Shocked

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor7 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 12:10 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
Doctor7 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:And it'll just move on band. Read any thread and there will be someone moaning about a ref. May just move onto this ref is rubbish rather than bias yet I read constantly that certain refs are biased despite having no ties etc.
Its quite bizarre how dedicated people are to this topic. In every thread discussing the Pro14 the same arguments come up, there's no way they can actually have time to enjoy watching their team actually play rugby, given their up-session with arguing the same thing online over and over again.

One of them doesn't even support a Pro 14 team, so I don't know why people spend so much time entertaining his "debates" when in reality he obviously doesn't really care about the product.

Strange, I thought it was a free forum. Do you need to support a Pro14 team to be able to debate about it ?

It really is up to the member, and not you to say otherwise.

You do have a choice, you do not have to read what people put on here. Although, you would not get much conversation with your attitude. Sorry

Doctor7

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 12 Oct 2018, 12:12 pm

Hello Doc, welcome to the forum. thumbsup

Don't let some of these on here bother you, they will sap the life out of you, I have that member you are talking to on ignore, and for good reason.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor7 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 12:16 pm

Hello M'lord.

It takes more than that to bother me, so don't worry.

I am a retired ex-service man, I hail from just north of Glasgow, west of Stirling in a place called Balloch by Loch Lomond.

I support Glasgow, and Scotland.

How about you ?

Doctor7

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Oct 2018, 12:57 pm

Lord is our regular Consumer Watchdog Tsar.

He lets you know when the price is right, and he gives all the reasons why it shouldn't be tolerated when the price is wrong.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 12 Oct 2018, 1:47 pm

PhilBB wrote:
BamBam wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Or

Pay us off €30m.

Thanks for the cash.

Na, we like the English Premiership as it is, thanks all the same. Maybe spend that £30m on making ticket prices free so the avid fans in Wales can watch a derby game every week and not pay anything

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 1:49 pm

BamBam wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
BamBam wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Or

Pay us off €30m.

Thanks for the cash.

Na, we like the English Premiership as it is, thanks all the same. Maybe spend that £30m on making ticket prices free so the avid fans in Wales can watch a derby game every week and not pay anything

But will it be at the right time though? Sure we know the Welsh only like their rugby played at certain times

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 1:52 pm

We already have the championship so think we're ok anyway.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 1:53 pm

marty2086 wrote:
BamBam wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Or

Pay us off €30m.

Typical arrogance from Phil, nominating himself to speak for Welsh rugby, bet you loves playing by himself Shocked

For someone who has blocked him, you don't half like talking about him.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 1:54 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
BamBam wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Or

Pay us off €30m.

For someone who has blocked him, you don't half like talking about him.

For someone who isn't Phil, you don't half jump to his defence quite a lot

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:07 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Oh bless. Do you still think I'm another poster?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:09 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Headscratch I've clearly said you aren't him Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:12 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Weird you would mention it then.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:14 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Weird you would mention it then.

Why is it weird when you keep jumping to his defence to point out that someone who isn't Phil keeps jumping to his defence?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:21 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Why is it weird when you keep jumping to his defence to point out that someone who isn't Phil keeps jumping to his defence?

Because you keep spouting weird nonsense about him. Like Calling him Phyllis. It seems you're obsessed yet maintain he's an irrelevance which is why you've blocked him. If you weren't I wouldn't have to point it out.

It's like the schoolboy who is attracted to the schoolgirl but goes to lengths to prove he's not.

It's quite fascinating to watch actually.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:24 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Because you keep spouting weird nonsense about him. Like Calling him Phyllis. It seems you're obsessed yet maintain he's an irrelevance which is why you've blocked him. If you weren't I wouldn't have to point it out.

It's like the schoolboy who is attracted to the schoolgirl but goes to lengths to prove he's not.

Rolling Eyes

When did I say that's why I blocked him? You don't have to point anything out, that was a choice you made so why are you paying so much attention to what I say about him, is that not a little creepy? Do you have a crush on one of us? By your logic it would seem to be me Shocked

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:26 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

When did I say that's why I blocked him? You don't have to point anything out, that was a choice you made so why are you paying so much attention to what I say about him, is that not a little creepy? Do you have a crush on one of us? By your logic it would seem to be me Shocked

Busted.

heart heart

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:38 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:We already have the championship so think we're ok anyway.

Typical arrogance from No 7&1/2, nominating himself to speak for English rugby, bet you loves playing by himself
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:40 pm

marty2086 wrote:
But will it be at the right time though? Sure we know the Welsh only like their rugby played at certain times

Typical arrogance from Martyn, nominating himself to speak for Welsh rugby fans, bet you loves playing by himself
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:53 pm

I speak for myself. Just a joke comment response to a joke comment. You seem to be running out of material!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:59 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:I speak for myself. Just a joke comment response to a joke comment. You seem to be running out of material!

Trust me, you are an eternal source of it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 12 Oct 2018, 3:07 pm

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:We already have the championship so think we're ok anyway.

Typical arrogance from No 7&1/2, nominating himself to speak for English rugby, bet you loves playing by himself

I too would rather watch the Championship than see the Welsh have the opportunity to ruin another league with their constant whining

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 3:12 pm

Coming from you Phil that means next to nothing!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 12 Oct 2018, 3:51 pm

Doctor7 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
Doctor7 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

It really is up to the member, and not you to say otherwise.

You do have a choice, you do not have to read what people put on here. Although, you would not get much conversation with your attitude. Sorry
If you haven't been reading this fourm for the last couple of years, then I'm sorry you really have no idea what you're talking about here. If you're looking to talk about rugby stay away from the Pro14 threads...also if you read one, you've read them all. It's the same arguments over and over again by people who may actually not have any real interest in the sport. I honestly don't see how you could enjoy rugby with the way they go on. Thankfully there are plenty of other rugby forums where people discuss the games every weekend.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Oct 2018, 4:25 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote: If you're looking to talk about rugby stay away from the Pro14 threads...also if you read one, you've read them all. It's the same arguments over and over again by people who may actually not have any real interest in the sport. I honestly don't see how you could enjoy rugby with the way they go on. Thankfully there are plenty of other rugby forums where people discuss the games every weekend.

Prove it. Where's your links? You should know by now that you don't turn up at a Pro14 thread without a few suitcases full of IRFU secret documents, hatfuls of broadcasting fine-print contracts and loadsa conclusive-proof LINKS!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 13 Oct 2018, 4:10 pm

Benetton beat Grenoble 40 - 14 at home with 6 trys. Glad to see them carrying on their form in Europe. Though French team at home might not be everything.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9